The next two months theme will focus on using yoga to maintain a healthy back. The health of your spine is the key to the health of your whole body.
Yoga For A Healthy Back
We will use yoga poses and sequences to improve and maintain healthy movement, flexibility and strength of the spine. Good spinal health can help to reduce or eliminate pain throughout the body and yoga can reduce the stress that accompanies it with calm breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Week 1 - Seven movements of the spine
- Week 2 - Releasing the hips and lower back
- Week 3 - Strengthening the lower back
- Week 4 - Release tension in the upper back
- Week 5 - Targeting back pain
- Week 6 - Yoga for back care - core and balance
- Week 7 - Twists to increase spine mobility
- Week 8 - Yoga for Better Posture
Photos From This Months Classes
You have to learn how to listen to your body, going with it and not against it, avoiding all effort and strain and centering your attention on that very delicate point, the back of the waist (where the spine moves in two opposite directions). You will be amazed to discover that, if you are kind to your body, it will respond in an incredible way.
This Months Music
Here's the usual selection of music that Vicky has been listening to this month.
|Ty Burhoe and Bill Douglas||New Horizon|
|Moonlight Echoes||Gentle Warrior|
|Essie Jain||The Rising|